Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A new dawn....A new day.

In the past 4 weeks I've run twice.

This is one of the hardest things for a runner to do. Is to take time off..... Especially from racing/ training season.

Today, I ran.

It's been 10+ days since I've last tried to run. I was feeling discouraged and a lack of confidence. I wanted to "be a runner" again. I missed sharing my stories on my long runs. I miss being called crazy for waking up at the crack of dawn. I felt like something had been taken away from me!

I am feeling refreshed, and restored! I only ran 3.5 (very cautious) miles, but with the exception to my lack of cardio, and the humidity, I actually felt good! It was 6:30 am, and already 75 and humid. Which only means--- Earlier morning runs ahead of me!

I'm still taking precautions. Stretching, icing, relaxing. I wasn't completely pain free, but I certainly felt good enough for some lighter running. (Which was my plan for summer all along!)

I'm hopeful with some decreased miles, and some occasional weekend 5k's I will be back out there sooner than later!

I know this girl is happy =-)

Run Healthy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment