Thursday, December 16, 2010

Running Solo

I really aspire to be one of those people who can take off and run for an hour*or more* alone.

I'm not.

My most favorite of favoritest things about running, is the networking! I love that I can run with Chera to plan a baby shower. I can meet Amber Lynn early on Monday and Fridays and discuss wedding details. I meet the girls on Tuesday to plan out our week, and chat about girly stuff for 30 minutes... I an call Jess up and we take a 5 mile run to rant about our spouses wrecking the car. Ashley will meet me for a lunch time run on any given day....

Seriously, who wants to run alone!?

Okay, so this is something that I have been trying to do every once in a while. Lay everything aside, lace up my shoes, turn up my music, and think. I will do it, if nessecary, but lately, luckily I haven't had to!

How do you feel about running solo? Is it something you look forward to? Do you find it as challenging as I do?

Any suggestions on how to over come this??

2 comments:

  1. Let me know when you figure it out! No solo running for this girl. I LOVE my one-on-one time chit chatting with the hubs! I look forward to it, and my runs fly by, even if I am just putt-putting along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! It's so hard for me too. I think I just over compensate by keeping like 10 running friends of all different paces, on my speed dial, so that I just don't have to do it. It's so hard, and I think it's something that you HAVE to train for. The most I've run alone, is 5 miles, and its was my quickest 5 miles. LOL.

    ReplyDelete