Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What's on your playlist?


Since I run partnered up 98% I really don't care too much music. I need it when I neeeeeeed it. So in difficult work outs, like speed/hill workouts, and races are where I've found it's company the most beneficial.

I used to try to put on rap and super fast hardcore music on my ipod- But in all actuality, I really don't care for a lot of that music! 

Long or short slow runs -  I like to keep music in one of my ears (if at all) but it's usually easy listening music. I like to set my ipod or pandora on more mellow music. Some of the artists that I like for these sort of runs are: Colbie Caillat, Jason Mraz, Maroon 5, Kari Jobe, Hillsong Kelly Clarkson... The more acoustic/inspirational musich..Which is my favorite music to listen to, so when the run is easy I'm not concerned with the tempo of the song. I just like to listen to what I love!


Hill/Speed work out-  I like to pick it up quite a bit. There is a lot less talking due to the lack of oxygen, and lung expansion on these runs. The intensity is quite high! More than anything, I need it to distract me, and camouflage the sound of breathing and foot steps! A few artists that I've collected for these types of work outs are : Justin Timberlake, Pink, Rhianna, (select) Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas, Usher, Lady Gaga ... I have decided that I like some of this better than say Eminem, or Lincoln Park type of music-- Which I have no interest in!


Solo Run or treadmill- HEY this is classified as it's own work out! It can be just as challenging as some of the above! I have decided that when I'm not running so hard that I need to overbear my breath, or when I'm not talking to someone and need to keep it quiet, that AUDIO BOOKS are the way to go! I have done this a little, but wiht so little solo running, I haven't used this tool much. After yesterdays run, I am a FIRM believer in this! It was like I was engaging in conversation with out having to talk! I was completely immersed in my book during my 6 mile lonely journey! ( Sookie Stack house Novels) I have a series of about 11 books and this is one that I've read before. I got the next book that I hadn't read on audio, and was completely lost, so I decided to re-canter on audio the last one I had read. So the series thing is working for me since I know all of the characters and everything. So this to me, is where it's at for  running alone! I've been recommended this before, but never really had to run much by myself.

So get PLUGGED in. I think that having the different music for different work outs can aide in setting the pace (literally) for your run. Which ever that may be!



What's on your play list?!


Run Happy!

3 comments:

  1. I love playlist posts! I've been meaning to do a new one! Although, I really do like rap on my runs, haha!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. Audio books haven't even crossed my mind as an option. I look forward to trying them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Nicole! I wanted to, my husband does. But I just don't care to listen to it at all, so it doesn't keep me "engaged" while running.

    FLick, I hope you try out the audio books... amazing!

    ReplyDelete