Thursday, February 10, 2011

Yoga Challenge- Day 21

Day 21- 30 Shoulder and Tention relief  " Aka lots of twisting!"

This was a great counter active workout from yesterdays back bending! Lots of stretching. Low cardio work out. But still pretty intense.

This is the final day to my 3 week journey of doing yoga for (almost) every day for 21 days!

YAAAAAAY! i. did. it.


I've certainly increased my strength and flexibility. My core is becoming stronger and stronger -- Which is certainly helping in my training! I'm feeling more balanced as a person.. I've had to take the time almost everyday to practice. Whether 15 minutes or an hour - I still had to budget the time. I made it a priority! I will say on the days that I didn't do yoga, it was due to the flu crap I had, or I did run that day. So there were only about 3 days in the past 3 weeks that I didn't get any work out in. That feels pretty nice to think! It wasn't always easy, but I'm happy I did it!

I will continue to use these videos regularly, along with my on demand feature. I'll be investing in a few DVDs as well. I love practicing on my own- so I'm not yet ready to practice with a group. That's just one more thing for me to have to get a sitter for! This actually works well. I practice during my daughters nap times (since I'm home 3-4 days a week that's perfect!), or after dinner while Daddy cleans the kitchen and gives baby a bath! Or if I know a busy day is coming, I'll get up early and do it before anyone wakes up.

This has taught me consistency, and how to make time for things that are important to me! It is beneficial for my body, and my mind, yes.. But it's also beneficial for my family. Happy mama = Happy family right?!

Krista  and I are already researching more challenges to do again! If you know of any let me know!

Namaste!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment