Saturday, January 22, 2011

OKC training week 3

This was my group's 3rd long run. I missed last week due to sickness. And most of this week sucked!

I ran Wednesday morning for the first time in 8 days. Did 3 miles at about 11MM and felt "okay".
Tried to run on Thursday, did 2 miles at about 9 mm. Felt great running, but started coughing, and couln't stop! It was on the treadmill at the gym, and I think I got too hot. It was burning in there! I love the 25 degree weather.
So today, I was a little timid, not knowing what to expect. I did the 5 miles (10:18 pace) with the group, and ran an extra 2 with one of my coaches and a hand full of people. Finishing out at 7 miles in 1:12. SO when I finished I was MORE than trilled that I not only completed it, but felt GREAT!!

So happy to be back at it. I hated not running :-(

I stopped for some oatmeal and fruit, with a hot coffee, on the way home. Ate, and did a little under an hour of yoga. Talk about a perfect recovery!

Here's to many more healthy miles!!!!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment