Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Yoga Challenge - Day 5,6

Day 5- Was tough! It was a lot of balancing poses. Which I obviously need more practice with. I made it though, but definitely couldn't hold a few of the poses. Hopefully, the next time we practice balance, it will have improved some!

Day 6- This day I actually liked. I found it to be beneficial for my running! Lots of hip openers (which I just love), and hamstring stretches (which I just DO NOT love.) My hamstrings are certainly my weakest point. They are super tight, and I hope that doing yoga will eventually get them loosened up. I want to be able to fold completely down either in standing or sitting poses with my feet straight out. This is a goal I'm setting! I think my favorite pose was the one where I was in a lunge and the did a push up with my knee dropping to the side and to the floor. That felt "Delicious"  as they say!

I am looking forward to day 7. It will complete my first week of yoga! And it's also an evening/relaxing routine. Can't wait! I may add this with the Dusk series I have, depending on my time.

Tuesday nights are "Track work" which is super intense speed work outs. So I'll certainly be happy to have yoga waiting for me in the evening!!!

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment